Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

homemade comfort meal



I had Patty Melts on the menu last night, but I didn't have any swiss cheese and I was NOT running to the store for just that so I improvised... and I give you, absolute heaven

if you knew me in real life you would know I LOVE chicken. especially dark meat.

when I found {this} recipe for perfect chicken via Pinterest I fell in love with it

But if I can avoid chicken breast, I will
so decided to put my twist on it

I'm thinking about making this a permanent spice in my cabinet
 because I've used it three times in the passed week


Cast of Characters


1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

Add the seasoning to a resealable bag full of thawed chicken legs
Next, add 3-4 TBS of lemon juice 
refrigerate for at least 2 hours


 Spray or butter 9x13 dish and bake in preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, turn legs over and bake 30 more minutes
I love to serve with broccoli and {homemade} mashed taters


Now on to your taters:::

4 Idaho taters
4 TBS butter
salt to taste
milk or cream to taste
1 clove garlic/ 1 tsp garlic powder optional

Peel and cube taters
Place in boiling water for 20-30 minutes or until a fork can pierce the tater easily
drain water
mash taters in bowl and add butter and salt to taste
mixture will be somewhat dry, so add milk/cream 1 TBS at a time until desired texture is achieved
{we like a lump here or there of tater}
if you like garlic taters add that seasoning now



Prepare your broccoli however you prefer it. We buy the frozen Winn Dixie brand and prepare it according to package directions

This meal is so simple on a night when you don't really feel like having to babysit your stove. It's simple enough that the kids won't be scared to ask "What's in this?" {even your husband-age children}
When I hear that, I know dinner's gonna be a failure! 

If you try it, leave me a comment and let me know how you and your fam jam liked it! 

3 comments:

  1. Just found you via blog hop---dinner looks delicious and easy, may have to try soon! Thanks for sharing:)

    -Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I am another lover of dark meat chicken. LOL I am definitely Pinning this recipe!

    I am now a new follower and I found you through Follow Me Wednesday Linky Party! :)

    StacySewsandSchools.Wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!