Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #9



Hey y'all! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I know we did! 


Joining up with Sandra today for another edition of Happy Homemaker! 

The Weather:::
it was yucky this morning. The sun has finally come out, but weatherman says it could be stormy on and off all day :(`

Right now I am: 
Sittin' on the couch cuddling with baby and watching Dina's Party 

Thinking:

How I need to get back into my routine of cleaning

Something Fun to Share:::
I'm not one for the state fair. There's too many unsavory people and there are too many {food} temptations.
But the MIL called last minute and invited us to the Alabama National Fair {I get a kick out of that every time} so we went and had a fabulous time. Maybe next year I'll remember how HOT it was. I've never seen my big girl so happy :)

On my tv:::
Looking forward to Revolution tonight and SaconneJoly's on YouTube

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - sketti, salad, and garlic bread

Tuesday - garlic lemon chicken 
Wednesday - pizza
Thursday - BBQ pork chops, yellow rice, green beans
Friday - eat out
Saturday - taco soup
Sunday - steak, taters, and salad

On my to do list:::

laundry
dishes
make bills
balance checkbook
Replace air filter
Bathrooms
Clean Oven

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
finally finished all the octagons and squares in light blue now its on to the cream color :)

Homemaking Tips:::
Being a list maker has definitely helped me keep my sanity! I forget so many things, ALL the time. (I had a better one, but since I didn't write it down, I forgot... see my point now?)

Looking around the house:::
Kitchen lights are illuminating a messy kitchen

Toy corner needs to be tidied
light is streaming into the {faux} french doors
I really need to decorate my mantel for Halloween

From the camera:::

The girls and their Mimi at the fair! 


On my prayer list:::
There'
s a girl in my sister's nursing class who's husband was recently discharged from the military after being diagnosed with cancer. When my mommy told me my heart broke for them and I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. Hopefully I can add a few things to the grocery budget this week to get some freezer meals put together for them


Bible verse, Devotional:::

Matthew 6:27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? NLT

Worrying changes nothing. It's like a rocking chair... It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. Turn your worry into prayer and action

3 comments:

  1. Don't clean today. Sit on the couch and hold your baby. :) I miss my babies. They are all grown (or almost grown). Wish I was eating at your house this week. My husband is on a diet and I'm sick of fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make lists as well...but I somehow forget where I put them. haha!

    I love your scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your creation sounds like it will have some beautiful colors what are you making?

    come over and say hi at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!