Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Breakfast On the Go


I've been trying to add a lot more of my family's recipes onto my blog, because let's face it! We all LOVE food... and there ain't nothin' wrong with that

I found {this} recipe for breakfast burritos and thought it was pretty yummy lookin'.

and it WAS yummy, but I also had a LOT of problems with it

There was a LOT of prep
the hashbrowns turned into mashed taters
and the bacon was chewy

So I "came up" with my own... This is what I picture when I think of breakfast burrito

1 lb breakfast sausage
12 eggs
1/2 bag - 1 bag of spinach {optional}
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
12 flour tortillas
saran wrap
2 gallon size freezer bags

that's it ! 


brown and drain your sausage
chop spinach and add to eggs
whisk eggs together and scramble
assemble ingredients on your workstation
warm your tortillas, they are so much easier to work with warm {I put 6 at a time in the micro and warmed them for 40 seconds}


Some assembly required
and yes, Im watchin YT lol
Add desired amount of sausage, egg, and cheese to each tortilla and roll!
seal it up in saran wrap


I placed 6 in each bag
and added a leftover already from the freezer
Freeze until you need them.
Place in microwave for 2-3 minutes with wrapper still on

My hubby eats these in the patrol car while he's workin
and that makes me happy knowin he can get somethin' in his tummy instead of waiting for break

he texts me often telling me how much he appreciates them :)

Let me know how they turn out for you if you try them! 

1 comment:

  1. My husband is going to be thanking you when I make these. Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!