Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #4


The Weather:::
This kind of weather almost never happens in September y'all! its 79 degrees with 51% humidity!! I can't even express my happiness right now. Too bad we have a little one getting over her allergies :(

On my reading pile:::
Does my blog list count?

On my tv:::
dreadful news... only because I'm waiting for my story to come on ;)

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - sketti and salad
Tuesday - bass (caught by the hubby) hushpuppies and white peas
Wednesday - baked tacos and Mexican Rice
Thursday - crock pot ribs fries green beans and corn
Friday - father-in-laws birthday dinner
Saturday - pancakes sausage and eggs

On my to do list:::
Laundry
bathrooms
pay bills

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
been working on this blanket for YEARS. YEARS I tell you (I had to get this picture from JoAnn's website because I'm not finished with it yet, but once it's finished it's going to look soooo good :) Get the pattern here !!




Homemaking Tips:::
If you're like me then you love a clean home, but you hate to clean. Schedule a room a day. For me, bathrooms are cleaned on Monday, bedrooms on Tuesday, Wednesday is kitchen day (organizing, meal planning, and cleaning appliances - especially the refrigerator) running errands on Thursday, yardwork is Friday (because the hubby is home) Saturday is dusting and floors (vacuuming and mopping - but because of our doggie I actually vacuum every other day) Sunday is for rest. This way your whole house always looks clean and you don't have to spend all day doing it. A load of laundry is washed everyday, dishes are done everyday, and you need to tidy up everyday. 

Looking around the house:::
Living room is tidy because the toddler is asleep, the first grader is in my crochet chair watching a movie on the nook, news on the tv. I could pick up the kitchen a little bit, but that can wait.

From the camera:::
So proud of our new furniture, but I'm more proud of my hubby for providing this beautiful home for us!



  
On my prayer list:::
Praying for my Nana. This weekend was hard on her. Friday was two months since the passing of my grandfather and Saturday would have been his 81st birthday. 
Praying for Hubby and me. Yesterday we started teaching Sunday school and I'm a bit nervous. Being responsible for teaching children in a classroom setting is one thing, but being responsible for teaching children about the most amazing Love Story, EVER, is a bit overwhelming.
Awaken Montgomery starts this Friday! I'm so excited to share my testimony with this college group! I pray I can share the Lord's message by sharing my college experience and what I've come to learn what God wants from us as college students (did that make sense to anyone else but me? ha!)

Bible verse, Devotional:::

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!