Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #3

Seems like all I do these days are from my homemaker edition.... but it's been a pretty busy July... with birthdays, a funeral, a vacation, and job interviews.. 

July has been emotional. On to my Happy Homemaker :)


The weather:::

its mostly cloudy this morning, but it doesnt look yucky at all. like it wants to rain, but can't find the courage to do so.



 On my reading pile:::  

  I just finished "My So-Called Life as A Proverbs 31 Wife" by Sara Horn. I picked it up at Walmart and I read it in two days. such a cute little book with discussion questions at the end and your very own challenge! I extended mine for 31 days (no pun intended) and so far I can definitely see the difference it's making in my household.

On my TV:::

I'm not watching TV but I can hear little one watching Smurfs in the other room

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Spaghetti and Salad (It would be much cuter if we had Sunday Spaghetti but sadly, we don't)

Tuesday - talapia white rice and broccoli (boring, I know)
Wednesday - ranch chicken mac n cheese and green beans
Thursday - leftovers
Friday -  FAMILY DATE NIGHT!!!
Saturday - BBQ Pork sandwiches
Sunday - homemade beef stroganoff and salad
I'm pretty proud of this menu because everything is already in our pantry and it saved me a weekly trip to the store :)

On my to do list:::



Everyday I unload/load the dishwasher, wash/dry/fold a load of laundry and make beds but Monday is mainly bathroom day.  I Wonder if I will be able to muster up the motivation.

 Ive also got to make some index cards with Big Kid's High frequency words to review for the first week of school.. yikes! 

I need to organize the laundry room and make it look all cute-see as my Deeda would say. I'm so tired of looking at bare walls it's not even laughable. it's rather sad.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

This might not apply, but I'm researching Pinterest like my life depends on it for cute organization ideas. 



Summer Fun:::

We've got two weeks left of summer. I might be a bad mom for saying this, but I'm letting the big kid do whatever she wants, as long as she doesn't sass. 

Looking around the house:::

Sitting in the kitchen, I noticed that the kitchen table needs to be cleaned off. The living room needs to be tidied (yes, I'm a lazy slob), Big kid's room is cleaned, baby is taking her nap and our room is being occupied by Big Kid.

From the camera:::




I love the contrast of this photo... Can anyone else see it? hint: our food choices! 

Something fun to share:::


Big Kid thinks I don't have a good re-memoration! 

Also, that moment when I see kids in Walmart that I've subbed and they're acting up but it would be too awkward to discipline them/call them by name... knowing that they have no clue who I am and having to explain to their parents.... oh the dilemmas we face lol (well, it made sense in MY head lol)



On my prayer list:::

We pray for my Nana every night after losing my Gendy. Those two were together for 56 years. Hallelujah! 
Still praying for a job.
Praying that God's Glory will shine through our Haiti Mission team :)


Bible verse, Devotional::: 


went to a concert last night for This Hope and boy were they amazing... I've got family that struggle with their purpose in life, and whether there is a TRUE God who loves and cares for them... I struggle within myself sometimes because witnessing to them is like pulling teeth. This verse brings me such hope because in the end.. we will all call Him holy.

Philippians 2:9-11

New Living Translation (NLT)
Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor
    and gave him the name above all other names,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!