Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Homemaker #2


Happy Homemaker Saturday, July 7, 2012

Good Mornin' y'all! I hope everyone had a good week... Ours was pretty yucky. In a nutshell, our air conditioner went out twice (if you're from Alabama, then you know summer is NOT the time to lose your AC), and my sweet grand daddy, Gendy,  had a heart attack not 12 hours from being discharged from the hospital with chest pains. 


The weather:::

This morning was very yucky, but we need all the rain we can get. It's so yucky and humid out that there's almost a fog among us.



 On my reading pile:::  

  My Pop and Deeda (dad's parents) told our Hannah that for every book she read this summer she would get a quarter. They made her a "journal" and everything so she could keep track of her readings and exercise her handwriting skills for first grade. Instead of enjoying a good book I've been listening to her amazing reading skills.

On my TV:::

its 5:49 am so there's nothing on my tv at the moment. You gotta enjoy the quiet when you can, but I've really been into the ID channel lately.  

On the menu for this week:::

We leave for the beach Monday so I'm just trying to use up anything left over until then. Today is my MIL's birthday so tomorrow we will be CHOWIN' down :)



On my to do list:::


Everyday I unload/load the dishwasher, wash/dry/fold a load of laundry and make beds but Saturday is specifically dusting and vacuuming day. Since we are leaving in two days, I might throw in a little packing


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Making a "no-sew" knotted blanket for my Gendy. I'm setting aside my pride and making him an University of Alabama (a University of Alabama??) blanket to keep his sweet soul warm in the hospital.



Summer Fun:::

We are getting ready for Hannah's second and Maddie's first trip to the beach! 


Looking around the house:::

Sittin' in the living room on the loveseat (the only piece of furniture in the living room). Tummy's a growlin' and my sweet puppy dog is passed out from our 5 am walk this mornin

From the camera:::



my sweet, sweet Gendy all ready for a night on the town with his wife of 56 years :)

 

Something fun to share:::

With all of the stress and heart ache that we've experienced this passed week it really is hard to find something fun to share... Hannah's birthday party was Sunday July 1. We had watermelon, lemon cake, a painting party, and a gift opening. She got some great things, and some spending money for the beach! 


On my prayer list:::

I can't say this enough, but for my Gendy to find some comfort He has such a weak physical heart but he has the strongest spiritual heart of anyone I know.


Traveling mercies when we leave for the beach

Bible verse, Devotional::: 

  
So be truly glad.[a] There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.


1 Peter 1:6-7 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!