Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #1

Happy Homemaker Monday, May 19th

Good Mornin' y'all! I hope everyone had a really quiet weekend! We've got a somewhat busy week. Miss Hannah has her classroom birthday party Tuesday, my darling husband has a fishing tournament Wednesday, and Hannah's honor program is Friday. 


The weather:::

This morning it was very nice outside. Miss Maddie and I went outside to throw some grass seed in the bald spots and to run around the back yard before it got too hot. Then about lunchtime it got cloudy and rainy and has stayed that way since. 


 On my reading pile:::  

  I started reading a book at my mama's house yesterday called Chosen by a Horse, but I left it by the pool for next Sunday. I am also currently researching Natural Family Planning.

On my TV:::

The Lottery Changed My Life. Even though I don't believe in playing the lottery it's truly amazing what a blessing a little money can be in someone's life. 

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - mean pleasing chicken, fried squash, green beans

Tuesday - meatloaf balls, stuffed crescent rolls with asparagus
Wednesday - roast, carrots, red potatoes
Thursday - cheesy chicken lasagna salad and broccoli for the babies
Friday - steak potatoes and salad
Saturday - cowboy chow
Sunday - leftovers  


On my to do list:::


Everyday I load/unload the dishwasher, fold some laundry, and make the beds, but Monday is bathroom day and since I grew a wild hair Friday night and did it then I thought I deserved a day just to play with the babies. 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Making a "no-sew" knotted blanket for my grandmother. Today is her 75th birthday!! :) I am also thinking of ways to decorate the house (with the help of Pinterest, of course)



Summer Fun:::

We are getting ready for Hannah's second and Maddie's first trip to the beach! VBS is coming up soon as well and I'm so excited because it will be Hannah's first year !! 


Looking around the house:::

Sitting on the bedroom floor with my eldest sitting next to me playin on her my iPhone. The blinds are open. Even though its cloudy outside but it's still fairly bright in the house. If you know me you know I love natural lighting. I wish I had a laundry fairy. I don't mind the washing and the drying, but sometimes life happens and once the pile fills the bed, I no longer want that responsibility. 

From the camera:::



She will hate me when she's older :)

 

Something fun to share:::

Hannah's last t-ball game of the season was this past Saturday and I am so proud of the strides she has made this season. It's the first sport she has ever been involved in and I was most surprised at how much she enjoyed it. She has informed me that she doesn't want to play t-ball in the fall, she wants to play soccer... So HAIL soccer!! 



On my prayer list:::

A lady in my Sunday school class who will be going on a mission to Nicaragua.

My husband to enjoy his fishing tournament Wednesday.
Part time employment for me during the summer, or (better yet) a teaching position for the fall.


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

  I am participating in a Daily Walk with the Lord (Reading the Bible in One Year)

Day 47 of 365  1 Corinthians 1-4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!