Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jesus Loves Me

I don't have anything in particular to talk about this morning just thought I might catch y'all up on some thoughts I was having. 


God has already spoken volumes to me this morning! How UH-MAZING is He!?!?  Wes and I had talked yesterday about going to visit my dad's parents. Reason #1 - I needed to go to Troy to buy a very special baby shower gift for a friend. Reason #2 - Wes wanted to take the kayaks and go for a ride! Reason #3 - my dad wanted us to come down and see the new house! how many reasons does He need to give me to go to South Montgomery County? I just need to stop being so stubborn and be obedient to my Father. I don't really want to go, but if I can't follow this small request, I will have hardened my heart, and maybe next time I won't be as opened to hear His plans for me. (Sorry if none of that makes sense -- apparently I don't know how to clearly explain myself)


Apparently, He thinks I'm getting a little too big for my panties! My, how I'm humbled. Since the miscarriage I've gotten tons of emails. I've received email after email saying " You'll get through this, you're strong/ a strong Christian family". This gave me hope because I knew I could get through it. As horrible as this sounds, I've already gotten over it! I've accepted it, and I own it! He convicted me this morning. Do you remember the story of Whitney Cerak? She and some friends were coming home from either a Bible Camp or a mission trip when their bus was hit by an 18-wheeler. She and her friend, Laura Van Ryn, were seriously injured. One fatally, one critically. Anyways, to make a long story short it was a case of mistaken identity. Remember? Their families were on the Today Show this morning updating everyone on their progress. Matt Lauer asked them about their faith (can't remember the exact question - I think it was something like -- were you ever angry with or question God?) One of the dads said "we are not strong, we are weak, He is strong."  God started to speak to me in that moment and moved me to tears. I started to think about Hannah's favorite Sunday school song - Jesus Loves Me. Here are the lyrics


Jesus Loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little Ones to Him Belong
We are weak, but He is strong!

That's not all the lyrics, but those are the ones that everyone knows.  I never really thought about the meaning of the lyrics until this point. How could I avoid it? It was SCREAMING at me! I am weak, I am a sinner, I've gone astray, I'm the prodigal son! He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He and His Word are perfect! He is strong, because without Him nothing is possible. There are several verses which state that. 

  • Luke 1:37 -  For nothing is impossible with God
  • Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength
  • John 15:5 “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing
  • John 15:16 You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name.
There are SEVERAL more throughout the entire Bible, but these are the only ones I remember specifically enough to post. I wanted to share one from Matthew, but now I can't seem to find it.. I guess it's not where I thought it was.
Tomorrow, Thursday and Monday are going to be busy days for us because we have dentist appt's and Monday I have to go back to my OB for my check up. In this check up we will find out the sex of our angel, find out "what went wrong" and where to go from here and how long we have to wait to start trying again. It's pretty amazing to me that they can find out EXACTLY what went wrong. We did not elect to undergo genetic testing because this is just my first miscarriage. If it had been my third of fourth, then I know my doctor would deem it almost mandatory. There is a girl on YouTube that I've discovered who went through three miscarriages and she had one of them tested to see what was wrong with it. They found there was something wrong with the baby's 22 chromosome. They also found that her progesterone levels weren't strong enough to sustain a baby after 6 weeks. Which also happened to a friend of mine. My friend is now pregnant with a sweet baby boy and is due in September! This girl now has a beautiful baby boy and he's GORGEOUS! i stayed up til about 3 this morning watching her videos. So intriguing. 


Can't wait to start trying for another! SOooo excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are such a blessing to me and I appreciate every one! If you are a no-reply commenter please leave me your email so I can respond to you! Thanks, y'all!